The FBC Frisco Ministry to Mothers hosts 2 programs to meet the needs of all moms in our community. MOPS is designed with the mother of preschooler in mind while our MOMSnext program meets the special needs of mothers with school aged children.
MOPS groups are communities that strive to meet the needs of every mom. MOPS recognizes that urban, suburban, and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single, and married moms all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be. MOPS groups can help!
There are more than 3900 MOPS groups meeting across the United States and in 35 countries around the world. MOPS groups meet regularly to celebrate the joys of motherhood and to encourage each other through the challenges.
MOPS groups are chartered through local faith-based organizations, including churches and parachurch ministries. While each group is different, the MOPS program is built on several foundational principles:
- Community: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
- Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, as well as for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS.
- Discussion: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to
share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- Teaching: Topics presented at MOPS meetings celebrate motherhood and meet a mom’s unique needs during this season of life.
- Creative Activities: Through creative projects and presentations, women are encouraged to experience the sense of accomplishment that comes with trying and finishing new things.
- MOPPETS: During most MOPS meetings, children are cared for in a program called MOPPETS, where they experience love in a preschool-like setting.